Learn about the Live Lesson list view and the Live Lesson calendar view on your dashboard - how to set your availability and your schedule goals.
Lesson List View on your Dashboard
The list view will be your default view of all of your upcoming Live Lessons. Here you can see all of your next lessons clearly, with the username and avatar of the student. This looks pretty similar to your old list of lessons on the schedule page, but this time you can see bookable lessons mixed in with your confirmed lessons, so you can see exactly where they fit into your schedule.
Pay attention to the different types of appointments:
- If it says “confirm” and “reject” next to the appointment, then it is an appointment that is offered based on your availability/schedule. This appointment is only offered to you. Please confirm or reject it as soon as possible. If you do not confirm it, it will be automatically rejected and offered to other tutors (e.g. as an appointment that every tutor can book spontaneously, see below).
- If it says “preview” or “cancel” next to the appointment, you have already confirmed this appointment. A few hours before the appointment the “preview” button appears and you can check out the upcoming excercises to prepare for the lesson.
- If it says “book it”, it is an appointment that is offered to every tutor on Chatterbug. Behind this appointment is a student who is looking for a lesson on short notice or whose lesson got canceled by another tutor. It has nothing to do with your set availability/schedule. You can book this appointment additionally if you want to tutor it. It will not influence your Tutor Level if you ignore the appointment. It will appear in your appointment list until you or any of the other tutors booked it.
Lesson Calendar View on your Dashboard
If you prefer seeing all of your Live Lessons laid out in a calendar, then this is the view for you. Just click the word “Calendar” to the right of “Recent & Upcoming Lessons” to get to this view. You can use the arrows on the right and left to go forward or back a day.
With this view, you can see exactly where all of your lessons land throughout the day, color coded by lesson type:
- Blue - upcoming, confirmed lesson
- Gray - completed lessons
- White - bookable lessons (if there is only a check mark, this lesson is up for grabs and the first tutor to confirm it will get it; if there is a check mark and an x, this lesson is intended for you and will not be visible for other tutors to book unless you reject it)
Your Availability, Limits and Goals
More detailed information here:
Check out our other HelpDocs to find out what happens when you cancel or reject an appointment or if you want to take some time off.