Speaking in a foreign language can be very intimidating and some students can be very shy. Others will be already more fluent. It is your job to help the students on their individual language journey. It is your responsibility to adjust to each student’s individual needs and pace.
While every student is different, there are some core responsibilities that every tutor should apply during Live Lessons:
- Pay all your attention to the student and observe their reactions.
- After the initial small talk (5-10min) offer to do the exercises.
- Stay in the target language as much as possible.
- Make use of the chat box.
- Be friendly and encouraging.
- Have fun and make learning languages a rewarding experience for you and your student!