In order to be approved as a tutor, you have to create your tutor profile, which lives on the Community Forum. This is part of the onboarding process. In this document, you find a detailed explanation how to create a new profile. If you’re looking to edit an existing profile, you will find help here.
The Community Forum is a place for our students, tutors and Chatterbug staff to connect. Here, you can create your profile.
- Go to the Community Forum - open this link in a new tab!
- In the Community Forum, on the left-hand side, you find different categories. Click on the “Tutor Introductions” category and choose your native language, the language that you will tutor: English, French, German or Spanish.
- Click on the red “New Topic” button on the top right corner.
- Give a title to your intro, e.g. “Barbara from Germany, living in Argentina”.
The title should include your name, which country you are from and where you are located. If a student looks for a tutor with a Swiss German dialect, but who is located in NZDT time zone, this helps them to make their decision.
- Write some things about yourself (see the example below).
- Click on the “Create Topic” button.
Approval by tutor management
It can take up to one working day before your profile is approved. Once it’s been approved by us, your profile will become accessible via the drop down menu on your dashboard. Afterwards, students will also be able to see your profile when they click on your image in the Community Forum.
What should you include in your introduction?
This is your profile, so you can introduce yourself however you feel comfortable.
- What languages do you speak? Are you learning any languages currently?
- Where are you from? You can even write about the town or region you’re from and upload a picture or a map. The students love to learn more about different places.
- What are your interests, your hobbies, what do you do in life? Students will look forward to a lesson with you if they already have an idea about how the can connect with you.
- Do you have experience teaching?
- To attract more students, you can write your introduction not only in English, but additionally in your native language (the language you will tutor).
Add a picture
After your profile is approved, you can upload a photo directly from your device to your profile. Just open your Profile Page click on the red button that reads “Edit my profile” click on the profile picture to change your avatar. Find out more about how to edit your profile.
Here you see Sandra’s introduction on the Community Forum vs. the approved tutor profile, that pulls from this post:
Follow the link to see what our Spanish Tutor Sandra’s Introduction within the Community Forum looks like. After tutor management has approved the tutor profile, this is how the actual profile looks to students. Have a look at German tutor Sarah’s Tutor Profile.
Just like Sandra and Sarah, you can add a video to your profile. Find out how to make your Tutor Introduction video.
Students love to connect with you. Do you have a new hobby? Did you move to another city, or country? This might make a student book a lesson with you, just share it on your tutor profile. Besides that, you can let your students know if you are taking a holiday via your profile. Find out how to edit your profile.