Do you have a new hobby? Did you move to another city or country? Have you improved in a language you’re learning? Students are happy to connect with you over these things.
You can also edit your profile to let your regular students know if you’re going on a holiday and won’t be available to tutor for a few weeks.
- Access your Tutor Profile via the drop-down menu on your dashboard.
- To change your name, location, or profile picture, click on the red “edit my profile” button. If you have trouble uploading your picture, please try again with a smaller or compressed one.
- To make changes to your introduction, you need to click on “Edit your introduction post” at the very bottom. This takes you to your introduction post in the Community Forum. By clicking on the pencil marked in the picture above, you can edit your introduction post. Saving the updated post automatically updates your profile immediately.
- Just like Sandra, you can add pictures or even a video to your profile, by clicking here. Find out more about making your tutor introduction video.
Here are some things that students especially appreciate learning about you before meeting you in a Live Lesson. The information you provide can also make them book a lesson with you in the first place! Make sure to include the following things in your profile:
- In the titel of your post: Your name, which country you are from, and where you are located. If a student looks for a tutor with a Swiss German dialect, but who is located in NZDT time zone, this helps them to make their decision. For example: “Lamija from Switzerland, living in Brazil”
- Upload a picture of you.
- What languages do you speak?
- What are you interested in, your hobbies, what do you do in life? Students will look forward to a lesson with you if they already have an idea of how they can connect with you.
- You can even add a paragraph about the town or region you’re from and upload a picture or a map. Our community loves to learn more about different places.